4/21/09

Twitter: Not only for friends and family!

Ok,so I've heard many people tweet or just say that they use or will use Twitter to keep up to date with their friends and family.I think Twitter should not be used for that,even though you can use it however you'd like.But heres the thing,if you really wanted to use it for that,then why be on Twitter?You will not have thousands or maybe not even hundreads of real family members following you,and you following back.Which means your Twitter experience will not be that good.If you wanted to use Twitter just for friends and family,why not just use Instant Messaging?Its ok if you have multiple accounts,and have one specifically for your family,but in my opinion,that shouldn't be your focus.There is too many people on Twitter that post some useless things,but then there are a lot more that tweet about interesting topics. Let me know what you think about this blog by leaving a comment.thanks a lot!

http://twitter.com/prkid

4 comments:

  1. Just curious what you find "interesting topics"? I don't have my family on twitter that much, but I enjoy the posts on twitter about articles and pics I can look at about things that interest me, and I also enjoy just hearing about the mundane things people do throughout the day. I tend to do that on the weekdays, but try to post pics of travels and such on the weekend, when I have more time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well not everyone is going to have the same interest,so it may be different from whatever it is that you are interested in.But I also find articles,pictures,news,music topics to be interesting.I just do not focus on one thing.I dont have any family memebers yet on Twitter,it might be fun if they all were though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.. ran into your tweet on publishing a book. How is it going so far?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use twitter to follow and share with political Bloggers concerning news. Perfect soundbytes for that.

    I use Facebook to follow my friends, and email for my family.

    ReplyDelete